Iconic jeans maker Levi Strauss & Co. has introduced a small line of men’s clothing designed specifically for bike commuters. The line-up includes the “511 Skinny Commuter” jean and the “Commuter Trucker Jacket”, a bike-specific version of their classic jean jacket.
The jeans feature:
- Stretchable fabric
- Utility waist band for u-lock storage
- Higher back rise for additional coverage
- Fabric treatment to improve water and soil resistance
- Antimicrobial treatment
- 3M Scotchlite Reflective Tape on interior cuff
- Reinforced fabric in the crotch, back pockets and belt loop
We think it’s a good sign for bike commuting when a mainstream clothing brand like Levi’s starts producing products specifically for our market. Available this summer at $78 for the jeans and $128 for the jacket.