As regular readers of this blog know, I’m a big fan of the Planet Bike Superflash tail light (I wrote about it here), so I was excited to learn that Planet Bike is releasing a new tail light this spring called the Superflash Turbo. From Planet Bike:
In 2006, our introduction of the Superflash tail light ushered in a new era of innovation in bicycle lighting. Building on our tradition, we are now proud to introduce the evolution of bicycle safety: the Superflash Turbo. We paired our time-tested design with a powerful 1 watt LED, then added the new attention-grabbing Turbo flash pattern. It’ll give you peace of mind riding day or night.
- 1 Watt Power LED plus 2 red LEDs for visibility up to 1 mile
- New attention-grabbing Turbo flash pattern
- Soft-touch power switch accesses flashing or steady mode for up to 100 hours of run time on two AAA batteries
- Ultra compact vertical design is weatherproof, lightweight and durable
- Includes bike mounts and clip mount for multiple mounting options
- Available this spring for $29.99-$34.99
This new model doubles the Superflash’s output from 1/2 to 1 watt while only raising the price by $5-$10 dollars. Planet Bike is sending us a sample to try out; look for a review within the next couple of weeks.