This is my 650b Rivendell Saluki. It’s my bike for touring, camping and club rides. This is how it’s built:
- Wheels are Velocity rims, Scwalbe Marathon 40. Phil Wood cassette hub with Sheldon’s Century Special in the rear. Schmidt 28 in front. IQ Cyo headlight. Berthoud fenders.
- Drive is Dura-Ace Derailers, Shifters and chain (9sp). Phil Wood BB, TA Cyclotouriste 170, rings are TA 46-32. Shimano 520 Touring SPDs.
- To stop Tektro aero levers yank a Dura-Ace cable to Paul Retro Cantis up front, Paul Touring Canti’s in rear. Koolstop pads.
- I’m sitting on a Honey B-17 Special copper rails atop a Nitto Crystal Fellow post.
- Bars are Nitto Randonneur, Tape is Brooks (perf) Honey, stem is Nitto Lugged Steel. Crane Brass hammer bell, Garmin GPS mount.
- Tubus Nova lowrider, Nitto M12 front rack, (I’ve got a VO constructeur rack for the rear-not pictured)
- Berthoud Small Panniers and Berthoud 28 Randonneur bag with VO Decaleur. Carradice longflap Camper. (VO Campagne Handlebar bag in some pics)
- IQ Cyo headlight. Two Soma Bullet taillights. Berthoud fenders. Pletscher single kickstand. Nitto retro cages, Klean Kanteen.
- Oh yeah, Campy “Umbrella” holds one end of a Topeak frame pump.