Today is Blog Action Day. Here’s what it’s all about (from the BAD website):
Blog Action Day is an annual event that unites the world’s bloggers in posting about the same issue on the same day. Our aim is to raise awareness and trigger a global discussion.
This year’s theme is climate change. Oh boy. Instead of triggering a heated debate on climate change — a subject I learned early on is a hornet’s nest and not productive to discuss on a bike blog — I’m going to once again list a few of the benefits of riding bicycles for transportation and leave it at that.
- improves health and well-being;
- creates a sense of community;
- instills a greater appreciation of the natural world;
- reduces transportation-related expenditures;
- reduces transportation-related pollution;
- reduces transportation-related stress;
- reduces road congestion;
- reduces our dependence on foreign energy sources; and finally,
- provides a source of pure, childlike joy!
What does bicycling do for you? Did I miss anything?