Grocery panniers are designed around the footprint of a standard grocery bag. They conveniently pop open to shape when needed, but fold flat against the bike when not in use. We find them indispensable and always keep one on each of our bikes as a catch-all carrier.
The Banjo Brothers Market Pannier is similar to a basic grocery pannier but with the addition of carry handles, a shoulder strap, and a top flap. Most grocery panniers stay on the bike when you’re shopping, but the Market Pannier’s added features make it a convenient replacement for a reusable (or disposable) shopping bag at the farmer’s market or in the grocery store.
The Market Pannier is well-made and the materials and workmanship are better than expected for a $50 bag. But it’s the smart design that really sets this bag apart; combining the convenience of a standard grocery pannier with the eco-friendliness of a reusable shopping bag is a brilliant idea that works remarkably well in practice.
We use the Market Pannier practically every day and it has simplified our grocery runs by eliminating the need to always carry separate grocery bags and fuss around with loading twice (once in the store, and once again on the bike). Highly recommended.
- 1250 Cubic inch capacity (sold individually)
- Roughly the size of a paper grocery bag 15″ H x 13″ L x 8″ W
- Heavy-duty 3mm polymer frame on back and bottom to prevent sagging
- Rubber-coated steel mounting clips
- Reinforcement panels in all wear areas
- Cinch-down flap keeps load covered and secure
- Side straps adjust support and fold pannier closed when not used
- Inside zipper pocket for keys and cash
- MSRP: $50
- Made in China