From their website:
Hungry Nomad Maps are cycling and walking maps that bring you to beautiful farms & vineyards. They are all about spending a leisurely, fun day outdoors exploring the local country side and sampling delicious home grown food.
Each Hungry nomad Map has:
- Route maps and turn by turn directions for each ride
- Bike path locations when applicable
- Walks have route maps and turn by turn directions when necessary
- Farm and vineyard information
- Farmer’s market information
- Bicycle shop and bike rental locations
- Nature/walking Trail information
- Swimming locations and beaches when applicable
- Wildlife refuge & sanctuary information and locations
- Camping and B&B information when applicable
- Clearly marked ice cream and pie stops!
I love this idea. So far there are only two maps, one that covers the small towns west of Boston, and another that covers the south coast of Massachusetts. They are currently working out routes near Natick, Stowe, Nantucket, and Martha’s Vineyard, with plans to eventually develop maps for the West Coast. This seems like a natural for the Napa Valley!