In these winter doldrums I thought it would be fun to run a photo contest to brighten our moods a little. The rules are as follows:
- All are welcome — amateurs and pros alike.
- No more than four entries per person.
- The work must be your own.
- The photos must have some bike content.
- Your entries don’t have to be current photos; pick your favorites from your collection.
- If you can, please size your images to approximately 1000 pixels on the long side. If you can’t, send your full-size entries anyway.
- Send your entries as e-mail attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include your name (first name only is fine if you prefer to remain anonymous).
- And last, but not least, have fun!
The call for entries starts today and we’ll close it off on March 15. I’ll publish the photos on the blog as they come in, just like I’ve done for the EcoVelo Bike Gallery. Once the entry period is closed, we’ll pick a winner by jury and announce the winners here.
- Planet Bike Blaze 1W & SuperFlash Light Set – Courtesy of Planet Bike
- Terracycle Accessory Mount – Courtesy of Terracycle
- Camdapter CamStrap – Courtesy of Camdapter
- 4pk ChicoBags Reusable Shopping Bags – Courtesy of TwoKnobbyTires.com
- Klunkerz DVD – Courtesy of Billy Savage
- Japanese Brass Bell – Courtesy of Rivendell
- Acorn Bags 2-Strap Roll Bag – Courtesy of EcoVelo
- 2/Alloy Water Bottle Cages – Courtesy of EcoVelo
Instead of assigning a specific prize to each winner, we’re going to allow the winners to choose their own prize in the order they placed. In other words, first place gets first pick from the list, second place gets second pick, etc., etc. That way, each person gets something they can use (hopefully).
I can’t thank the above companies enough for generously donating their products to liven up our competition. Please show your thanks by clicking on their links and keeping them in mind when you have a need for one of the products they offer. Good luck! —Alan & Michael
Please Note: The entries are really pouring in, so it may be up to a week before your photos are posted to the blog. Please keep checking back and thanks for your patience!