While we think it’s important to help protect the environment by riding our bikes, we have to admit, we harbor selfish motives as well. Here are a few other reasons why we ride:
- It’s fun. There’s really no other activity that gives us the sense of joy and freedom that we experience while riding our bikes.
- It’s healthy. Bike riding is a healthy form of aerobic exercise that we participate in just about everyday.
- We’re gear heads. We love researching new bikes, making modifications, tweaking parts and accessories, and maintaining our stable.
- It’s an opportunity to connect with friends. Sharing the joyful experience of riding with friends is special and unique. There’s something about the shared effort, the fresh air, and the endorphins, that always makes for good conversation and fond memories.
- It’s a great way to meet people. Wherever we go on our bikes, we inevitably end up meeting new people, and we sometimes even make new friends.
- It’s a photo op. Bike riding provides an endless stream of photo opportunities.
- It gets us in touch with nature. Bike riding is the one thing that gets us out-of-doors and in touch with nature every day.
What are some of the reasons you ride your bike?